Just a day left before the year is over and as I sit at my desk, reviewing 2015, the enormity of what we have done over the past 12 months is quite staggering. So much so that I am really not sure where to begin.
I guess I may as well start with the highlight of the year, which was winning the runner up Award for ‘Most Enterprising business’ from the Federation of Small Businesses.
Being nominated was exciting enough, celebrating on the night with my motley crew was great, winning felt like having my cake and eating it. Before the night ended, changes were heading our way that are now forming the backbone for an interesting and new journey that we at Nadia Minkoff London have already begun. Recognition for fashion from the financial sector is never easy to get, nor one to be taken lightly and I am very proud and excited that we have been given the opportunity to work and be mentored by none other than Grant Thornton. Who said number crunching, spreadsheets and forecasts aren’t creative? They are, very much so!
We’re also up for the Dot London Award, in the ‘best lifestyle’ category. The awards will be held at the new Savoy Place, hosted by Katie Derham. River views all round, entrepreneurs, dragons and investors, at the ready.
Thank you to all those who voted for us, votes close on Jan 8th and if you still want to vote for us pls do so by following this link , find us in the ‘Independent lifestyle retailer’ category.
Some of our other highlights for 2015 have been:
- With the help of stylist Charlene Campbell we made the Christmas issue of OK magazine
- The lovely Aizak Buyondo styled our jewellery as only Aizak could and made our day
- Beautiful Opera star Aylin Perez wore our Shard necklace for her Grand Finale at the Dallas Opera house and Nancy Dell’olio stepped out for her West-End stage debut wearing one of our ‘one-off’ necklaces
- We have partied, yes- a lot of parties, too many to attend all but we did quite well!
- We’ve exhibited at Scoop London and INDX and opened new doors across the UK
- We have had so much support from the Blogging community across the globe, all of which can be found on our website. Thank you Bloggers, we love you!
We’ve held events at Liberty London and have seen our designs become best sellers at some of the leading UK multiples who we supply
But most of all, we have loved it all, even if we are forever running up that hill!
Wishing you all a successful, healthy, happy and especially peaceful 2016, from us all at Nadia Minkoff London.